Past Event – BurJuman’s Rising Stars 2019
08 August, 2019
Calling all parents! Bring your children and reveal their inner talents at BurJuman’s annual Back to School Talent Show- BurJuman’s Rising Stars! It’s time to unveil the dramatic and academic flair of your little ones as the Mall provides the stage for them to entertain and shine.
After a successful event last year, discovering and nurturing talents from across the Emirates, BurJuman’s Rising Stars is back from 3 September to 20 September 2019 with registrations now open for children aged 4 to 16 years.
To register, participants must submit the completed application form with a short audition video along with a passport copy at the mall information desk located on S1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org until 5 September 2019.
There are many exciting prizes to be won totaling AED 25,500 across the three categories!*
1st Prize – AED 5,000 x 3 winners
2nd Prize – AED 2,000 x 3 winners
3rd Prize – AED 1,500 x 3 winners
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to perform to a crowd at the Mall’s Main Atrium from 3rd September until 8th September 2019. The semifinals will be held on 12 and 13 September 2019.
The finalists will then battle it out on 20 September 2019 to win the grand prizes.
*The winners will receive their prizes in National Bonds.
*The talent show includes three categories including singing, dancing and “others”.
*Three winners will be selected for each category.
• Registrations for BurJuman’s Rising Stars will be from 11 August until 5th September 2019.
• Participants should be between 4-16 years of age.
• To register, fill out the application form and submit the same along with the participant’s passport copy and a short video showcasing their talent. Please ensure that your child mentions his/her name at the start of the video to avoid any confusion with the application. The registration form along with the video can be submitted at the Information Desk in BurJuman located on Level S1 or sent via email on email@example.com
• To download the registration form – please click on this link here.
• There is only one entry per person. If you enter with a group, you may not enter as an individual. All members of the group must be within the mentioned age group.
• Contestants can only participate in any one category – Singing/Dancing/Others. The “Others” category would include talents such as playing musical instruments, mathematics, illusionist, painting/drawing, theatre/drama performances and so forth.
• Initial screening of all submitted registrations will be done internally. The selected participants will be invited for the auditions on stage. If you are not contacted by our team, please understand that your child has not been selected for the further rounds.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
• Audition Dates and Timings: 3rd, 4th, & 8th September 2019 (5:30pm – 10pm), 5th, 6th & 7th September 2019 (4pm – 10pm)
• Semi Final: 12th & 13th September 2019 (5pm – 9pm)
• Grand Finale: 20th September 2019 (5pm – 9pm)
• The auditions, semifinal and grand finale will be held in the main atrium of the mall on Level S1.
• The duration of each individual performance should be a maximum of 3 minutes.
• Participants will be chosen by an independent panel of judges. The judges’ decision will be final. For all other aspects, BurJuman Management’s decisions will be final and binding.
• There will be 3 winners in each category – Singing, Dancing & Others. “Others” will be considered as one category.
• For any groups that will participate, there will be only one representative’s name mentioned on the National Bonds certificate. The prize should be shared between all participants of the group.
• Parents/Guardians of children that are selected to perform at the BurJuman’s Rising Stars event will be responsible for all expenses incurred relating to the competition including transportation, meals, costumes, makeup and so forth.
• Parents/Guardians of children that are selected to perform at the BurJuman’s Rising Stars event will be responsible for all the materials needed for the competition including music (on USB), props, instruments etc. All acts, costumes, and props MUST be appropriate for all audiences.
• It will be parents/guardians responsibility to take care of their kids during the Show and BurJuman will not be responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
• BurJuman Management reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and entrants must agree to abide by the most recent version that is published on BurJuman website.