Past promotion – Win a Camel Keepsake
04 December, 2017
The camels have finished their pyramid minding duty but you could still get the chance to win a Camel Keepsake. Simply spend AED 300 or more between 4th and 12th December, in any store in BurJuman and present your receipt at our Concierge Desk (Level G).
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promotion is valid from 4th December to 12th December 2017.
2. 1000 Camel Keepsakes will be given away while stocks last. The promotion may end earlier than the mentioned date depending on stock availability.
3. Customers are required to spend AED 300 or more at any store in BurJuman to participate.
4. Receipts should be presented to the Concierge Desk on Level G (Paul Entrance) to claim the prize.
5. Receipts should be redeemed on the same date of purchase. It will not be accepted on any other day during the activation period.
6. Cumulative receipts can be accepted as long as it is redeemed on the same day.
7. Each person can redeem one (1) Camel Keepsake even if the amount spend exceeds the minimum spend of AED 300. For example, if a customer spends AED 1000 they will still be entitled to claim only one Camel Keepsake.
8. The right to cancel, amend or change these terms and conditions rests solely with the management and can be actioned without prior notice.
9. On all aspects of the prize redemption, the Management’s decision is final and binding for every participant.
10. Owners and employees of the Centre’s outlets, Al Ghurair Group of Companies, their suppliers and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
11. The ‘Camel Keepsake’ is not considered a toy for small children and it is the owner’s responsibility to gauge the suitability of the product for any individual and to keep it out of reach of younger children. The product contains small parts, and is not suitable for children under 3 years. In no event, any children should be left unattended in the presence of this product as it may present a choking hazard. In no condition this product should come into contact with the mouth, nose, eye or ear of any individual. It is the owner’s responsibility to check the keepsake regularly to ensure it is in good repair (e.g., no small pieces that could be swallowed are coming loose, the fillings are not coming out etc. ).